Breast milk provide optimal nutrition for babies, it has the right amount of nutrients, is early digested and is readily available
Benefits of Breastfeeding for the baby :
- It contains antibodies that help babies fight against Bacterial and Viral disease.
- It reduces risks of G1 infections, allergies
- Promotes healthy weight gain and prevents childhood obesity
- The touch of eye contact breastfeeding helps reduce social and behavioral problems.
Benefits for the mothers :
- Helps to reduce bleeding after delivery
- Lower risk of postpartum depression
- protects against certain cancers like breast cancer
- Promotes faster weight loss after delivery by 500 extra calories for maintaining milk supply