Recognized Expertise in the center for Advenced Cancer Care
Our Team of Oncologists
Cancer demands comprehensive and collaborative care – which can be provided by means of expertise, commitment and technology. At Virinchi Cancer Centre, we integrate the principles of cancer biology, evolving molecular biology, genetic testing and tumour behaviour along with the best technology, diagnostics and translational research to comprehensively manage cancer. At Virinchi Cancer centre surgical, medical and radiation oncology experts by using robust radiation oncology equipment like True Beam Stx, molecular diagnostics and genetics research and latest 128 Slice PET CT scan and minimally invasive cancer surgery provide individualized therapy to conquer cancer.
Virinchi Cancer Centre strives to take the battle against cancer to the next level and thus stands as a hope for cancer patients. The centre has expert physicians, robust technology to deliver the best cancer care possible. Multidisciplinary and collaborative cancer care negates the need to approach different hospitals for specialist consultations.
Services offered at Virinchi Cancer Centre
Virinchi Hospitals has world-class cancer centre providing the most advanced treatments through multiple disciplines like Medical, Radiation, Surgical Oncology, Stem Cell Transplant, and Clinical Research.
Cancer Faculty: cancer demands a multidisciplinary team approach
Medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists offer compassionate care to cancer patients. They are specially trained and have the expertise to properly diagnose stage and manage cancers of all types.
Evidence-based medicine is practiced along with internationally approved standard guidelines to prepare individualized treatment plans. To ensure this medical, surgical and radiation oncologists work collaboratively. Patients are educated about their cancer, staging, prognosis, treatment options, risks and benefits. Chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, biological or targeted therapies are recommended according to the requirement.
State-of-the-art chemotherapy suite has oncology trained nurses, pharmacists and other support staff to coordinate the services given by chemotherapists and oncologists. Stringent quality control and infection control measures minimize the risk of cross infection.
We have Radiation oncologists who specialize in treating cancer and benign conditions of the brain, breast, prostate, bladder, gastrointestinal system, cervix and uterus, head and neck, lung, pancreas, bone, skin and every other organ and systems in the body.
Surgical oncologists work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team consisting of pathologists, plastic surgeons, oncology nurses, radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and genetic counsellors to develop personalized treatment plans. Patients can benefit from innovative treatment protocols and clinical trails and thus new cancer treatment regimens are available to them.
Organ Preservation Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery – reconstruction of breast after a mastectomy, head & neck reconstruction
Minimally Invasive Thoracoscopic / Laparoscopic Oncology Surgery
The Division of Surgical Oncology provides both inpatient and outpatient clinical services. Surgical oncologists provide several diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, including:
- Fine needle aspiration of tumors for rapid diagnosis
- Specialized imaging and lymphatic mapping for breast cancer and melanoma
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors, where heat is used to target cancer cells
- Laparoscopic treatment of cancer
- Intraoperative radiation therapy and brachytherapy, treatment options where radiation may take place during surgical procedures
- Rectal cancer surgery that avoids removing sections of the colon
Bone Marrow Transplantation
Bone marrow transplants are done to treat patients with:
- Life-threatening blood cancers like leukaemia
- Diseases which result in bone marrow failure like aplastic anaemia, multiple myeloma, ovarian cancers
- Other immune system or genetic diseases
BMT Technology and Equipment
- HEPA Filter Positive Pressure Rooms
- Advanced Microbiology Support
- Round the clock high-end Blood Bank
- High efficiency Stem Cell Harvesting Equipment
- 3 Level Barrier Protection
- PET CT SCAN – Multi-energy Spectral 128 slice CT allows specialized imaging & advanced 3D analysis. Faster Examination speed helps reduce patient dose, improves lesion detectability with whole body coverage.
- Functional 3 T MRI – Functional Imaging of tumors helps precisely target tumors thus minimizing damage to surrounding tissues
Virinchi Hospitals offers state-of-the-art genetic testing for prevention and early detection of familial cancers like breast, Uterine & ovarian cancers.
Surgeries Performed Till Date
Strong Clinical Team