The Ceiling Mounted Cath lab
The equipment in a Cardiac Catheterization Lab can be either floor-mounted or ceiling-mounted depending on preference and the intended procedures performed. A Ceiling-Mounted Cathlab provides advanced imaging and at the same time fulfills the requirements for treating complex cases like high risk Cardiac, Neuro and Vascular patients. Such Cath Labs are ideally suited for performing new therapeutic procedures such as aortic valve and mitral valve repairs/replacements, and electrophysiological studies and therapies besides implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers. They also help to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of patient care by expanding room capabilities and broadening the scope of procedure mix.
Salient features of the Ceiling Mounted Cathlab :
- Unique positioning capabilities.
- Ergonomic design with flexible working height and variable isocenter.
- Integrated table with lateral tilt and synchronized tracking.
- Innovative 3D imaging capabilities.
- Coverage of the whole body with more flexibility and without need to move the table.
- Ideally suited for institutions interested in conducting new treatment modalities.
- Easier to clean and thus maintain required sterility standards