Urologists are the doctors who are specialists in treating the diseases or the problems of the urinary tract of adult males, females and children. The department of Urology offers comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic treatment modalities for a wide range of adults and paediatric urological conditions including prostate problems (prostate enlargement), prostate and kidney cancers, urinary incontinence, urinary obstructions, urinary tract infections, male sexual problems, impotence, erectile dysfunction, infertility problems, kidney stones, bladder stones, bladder cancer and kidney dysfunction.
We have an experienced team of doctors with excellent clinical expertise in minimally invasive surgical procedures. The advantage with the minimally invasive surgical procedures is that the hospital stay is short, with less bleeding and shorter recovery period.
Minimally invasive surgery is good for prostate, ureter, bladder and kidney stones removal apart from treating cancerous growth and other urological abnormalities. In addition, the department is well supported by clinical and translational research, which provides a new ray of hope for patients with end-stage renal diseases. In addition to the urologists and surgeons who are experienced in minimally invasive surgery, comprehensive care is offered by a team of pathologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, trained nurses and technicians.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries for male infertility, vasectomy reversal, female urologic problems, urinary incontinence, prostate cancer treatment
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ureteroscopy for kidney stones
- Ureteroscopy with laser lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy for kidney stones
- Laser surgery for BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Laparoscopic renal surgeries
- Complex Urinary Incontinence Surgery
- Paediatric Urology
- Radiation Oncology
- Prostate Cancer Management
- Treatment for urinary incontinence in adults and children
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy, cystectomy & prostatectomy
- Radical Cystectomy, Nephrectomy, Nephroureterectomy and Prostatectomy
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Kidney Transplant
- Surgery for Stress Incontinence
- Testicular Implant
- TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate)
- Ureter Re-Implantation
- Varicocele Repair (Microscopic)
- VVF Repair
We have latest equipment for diagnosis and testing like the Non-invasive Ultrasound, Cystoscopy, Specialized X-ray, Biopsy, PSA Test
We have state-of-the-art Urodynamic Testing Lab, which helps us evaluate the functions of the lower urinary tract (pelvic floor, urethra and bladder). Some very simple urodynamic tests can be performed in physician’s room; however, there are some tests that need sophisticated equipment and instruments to measure the amount of pressure experienced by the urethra and bladder. The advanced urodynamic equipment is integrated with recording & measuring devices, computers and printers.
Urodynamic tests help determine the following aspects related to the lower urinary tract:
- Abdominal pressure
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Flow rate of urine (Uroflowmetry)
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Bladder pressure – full and empty bladder
- Cytometry with X-ray observation
Our Uro-diagnostic facilities
- Blood Tests
- Male Infertility Evaluation
- CT Scans
- Transrectal and transabdominal ultrasound
- Prostate biopsy
We offer a wide range of surgical and non-surgical treatment modalities (Minimally Invasive surgery for prostate, Laser surgery for kidney stones and prostate, chemotherapy for kidney cancer, etc.) that are less invasive, less complicated, and less painful with faster recovery and shorter hospital stay.
Some of the advantages of minimally invasive (endoscopic surgical procedures) surgery include minimal blood lost, less injury to surrounding tissues, lesser risk of infection, better clinical outcomes, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery – return to work.
Some of the common urological procedures include:
- Anti Reflux Procedures
- Augmentation Cytoplasty
- CAPD Catheter Insertion
- Fulguration of Posterior – Urethral Valves
- Hypospadiasis Repair
- Ileal Conduit
- Optical Urethrectomy
- Penile Prosthesis Insertion & Implantation
- Urethroplasty (including hypospadias repair)
- Uro UVF & UVF Repair
- And many other procedures
Urological cancers are treated by urologists, medical oncologists and radiation therapists. Minimally Invasive surgical procedures are employed to treat kidney stones and Laparoscopic Cancer Surgery is performed to treat kidney cancers.