Dr Vaddi Surya PrakashM.S., FRCSEd, M.Ch, DNB (Uro)
Senior Consultant Urologist, Andrologist and Transplant Surgeon
Dr. Vaddi Surya Prakash is a Senior Consultant Urologist, Andrologist and Transplant Surgeon in the Department of Urology at Virinchi Hospitals. He has overall 15 years’ experience in his field. Prior to joining Virinchi Hospitals, he worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Urology, NIMS, Hyderabad and Head, Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Narayana Medical College & Hospital, Nellore. He underwent advanced laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery training at IRCAD, Strasbourg, France. His areas of interest include laparoscopic urology, advanced endurology, uro-oncology and reconstructive urology. He specializes in Laser treatment for prostate enlargement, treatment for stricture urethra disease and urolithiasis. According to Dr. Prakash, minimally invasive treatments including robotic surgery, stem cell therapy, and molecular medicine would change the future of urology and Virinchi Hospitals is well equipped with futuristic technology and expertise to ensure such advanced treatments in urology.
MBBS (Gold medalist), Kurnool Medical College Kurnool, A.P
M.S (General Surgery) Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
FRCSED, The Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh
M.Ch (Urology), Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad
DNB (Urology), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Surya Prakash, G. Chandra Mohan, S. Venkata Krishnaiah, V. Vijay Kumar G. Ramesh Babu, G. Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy, V. S. Mahaboob..Ten-core versus 16-core transrectal ultrasonography guided prostate biopsy for detection of prostatic Carcinoma: a prospective comparative study in Indian population. Prostate Int. 2013; 1(4):1-6.
- Surya Prakash, M. Punit, V. Ajit, D. Sreedhar, G. Chandra-Mohan, P. R. Vedamurthy, and K. Sushanth Combined Laparoscopic and Percutaneous Management of Calcified Renal Hydatid Cyst—A Novel Nephroscope and Lithotripter-assisted Technique. UROLOGY 79: 1407–1409, 2012.
- Surya Prakash Vaddi, Rahul Devraj, Vedamurthy Reddy, Ajit Vikram, Sreedhar P, Ragavan, Urethral Steinstrasse Causing Acute Urinary Retention: Urology Vol 77 | No. 3 | March 2011 | Pages 594-595
- Surya Prakash Vaddi, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Rahul Devraj: Wunderlich Syndrome in a Tuberous Sclerosis Patient. Indian Journal of Surgery 2011; 73(3):227-229.
- V Suryaprakash, PVLN Murthy, R Liza, Ch. Ramreddy, N Srinivas, A Prayag Wegener's Granulomatosis of Urinary Tract Presenting as Bladder Outlet Obstruction. Indian Journal of Urology, Year 2006, Volume 22, Issue 3.
- Surya Prakash Vaddi, VR Pogula, R Devraj & AV Sreedhar. Congenital Bladder Bladder Diverticulum- a Rare Adult Presentation, Journal of Surgical Case Reports 2011 4:8
- Punit Mahadik, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra-Mohan Godala, Vijaya Kumar Reddy and Venkat Krishna Sambar – Factors Affecting Trial without Catheter for First Spontaneous Acute Urinary Retention, Int. Neuro-urology Journal. Sep 2013; 17(3): 121–126.
- Bhaskar VG, Vaddi SP, Godala C, Vasanthu VK, Eosinophilic Cystitis: Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature. Arch Int. Surgery 2014; 4:117-20.
- Chandra G. Mohan, Surya V. Prakash, Vijay V. Kumar and Ramesh G. Babu. Isolated Megalourethra: A Rare Case Report and Review of Literature. J Indian Associate Pediatric Surgery. 2014 Jul-Sep; 19(3): 178–180.
- Indira Gurajala, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Rahul Devaraj, Narasimha Reddy. Anesthetic Management of Transurethral Resection of Prostate in a Patient With Aortic and Mitral Valve Replacement. Indian Journal of. Anaesthesia Vol. 55, Issue 4, July-Aug 2011
- Punit Mahadik, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra-Mohan Godala, Venkatkrishna Sambar, Sushanth Kulkarni and Ramesh Gundala, Posterior Urethral Valve: Delayed Presentation in Adolescence. Int. Neurourology Journal, 2012 Sep; 16 (3):149-152.
- 12.Rahul Devraj, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra Mohan G, Ajit Vikram, Sreedhar D: Retroperitoneal Textiloma Mimicking an Adrenal Tumor. Uro Today International Journal 2011
- Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Madhurima Pothula, Ravishankar Ganji, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Adult Wilms' Tumor with Spinal Metastases, Uro Today Internationl Journal 2011;
- Vijayabhaskar Reddy Gouru, Suryaprakash Vaddi, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Chandra Mohan G, Ajit Vikram, Sreedhar D, Punit, Venkata Krishna: Isolated Renal Hydatid Cyst: Report of Two Cases. Uro Today Internationl Journal
- Amit Kumar, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra Mohan, Vijay Bhaskar, Vijay Kumar Vasanthu. Nephron-Sparing Surgery in Renal-Cell Carcinoma in a Second Allografted Kidney: A Rare Case Report. Uro Today Internationl Journal, UIJ / Vol 6 / Issue 6 / December
- P VLN Murthy, Surya Prakash, Nandkumar, Ch Ram Reddy, KV DakshinaMurthy. Tuberculous Pyonephrosis of Native Kidney in a Transplant Recipient 16 years after the Ligation of the Native Ureter. Indian Journal of Urology, Year 2004, Volume 20, Issue 2
- N.A. Jadeja, R. Gulia, C. Panchakshari, T. Prashantha Bhatta and V.Surya Prakash. Bladder Exstrophy with Massive Rectal Prolapse in a Man: Successful Management of a Difficult Combination. BJU International 2002, Vol. 89 - 466.
- P.VLN.Murthy, V.Surya Prakash, Srimannarayana & CH.ramreddy .Bilateral Ureteric Calculi: Management options – (abstract) - VOL.18, 1 November 2004, Journal of Endo-urology.
- P.VLNMurthy,V.Surya Prakash, Srimannarayana & Ch.Ram reddy, Evaluation of Residual Calculi in Post PCNL (abstract) . Journal of Endourology 2004; 18:1.
- T. Malati, Rajani Kumari G, P V L N Murthy, Ch Ram Reddy, V Surya Prakash . Prostate Specific Antigen in Patients of Benign Prostate Hypertrophy and Carcinoma Prostate - Indian journal of Biochemistry, 2006,21 (1) 34-40.
- Shashanka M. Bose, Alok Mazumdar, Surya V Prakash, Rakesh Kocher, Sudha Katariya, Chander M. Pathak. Evaluation of the Predictors of Choledocholithiasis: Comparative Analysis of Clinical, Biochemical, Radiological, Radio-nuclear, and Intraoperative Parameters. Surgery Today February 2001, Volume 31, Issue 2, pp 117-122
- Evaluation of Voiding Dysfunction in Traumatic Brain Injury Patients
- Metabolic Evaluation in Pediatric Urolithiasis
- Safety and Efficacy of RIRS for less than 2cm Renal Calculi – A Prospective Study
- Antioxidant Levels in Infertile Male Couples and their Response to Treatment
- Voiding Dysfunction in Traumatic Brain Injury (ICMR Project)
- Tubeless PCNL. A Prospective Randomized Comparative Study Comparing Tubeless PCNL and PCNL with tube
- Role of DRE, PSA, PSA Variables and TRUS in Detecting Carcinoma Prostate in Indian population.
- Factors affecting TWOC in Patients with BPH Presenting with 1st Acute Urinary Retention
- Modified Barbagli Urethroplasty for Urethral Stricture Disease
- A Prospective Comparative Observational Study of Bipolar Vs Monopolar TURP