Dr Dilip GudeMBBS (Osmania), MPH (USA), MD , DNB, MNAMS (Gen Med) Fellowship in Diabetology (Gold Medalist), Fellowship in Critical Care
Find other Doc/Dept
Sr. Consultant Physician & Diabetologist
Dr. Dilip Gude is a Chief Consultant Physician and Diabetologist in the Department of Internal Medicine & Critical Care at Virinchi Hospitals. He has more than five years’ experience in internal medicine and critical care. He has worked as Head Internal Medicine and Critical Care at Durrushehvar Hospital; Academic in charge and Asst. Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and Critical Care at Owaisi Hospital, Deccan Medical College. He has won All India Gold medal in Diabetology fellowship (Manipal University/Indian Medical association) in 2014. He has also won All India Best Young Faculty award in 2013 conducted by EET-CRS Academy Awards for Excellence in Education. He was the topper in Braun Internal Medicine Scholarship in 2012. He is a founder of South Asian Research Society for Metabolic Disorders (SARS – MD). He is the Author of the book – A Bridge over the Impossible. He has authored more than 110 national and international Pubmed indexed medical publications. He is well versed in all aspects of critical care medicine including central line placements, intubations, chest tube placements, bedside tracheostomy, etc.
He is passionate about publishing top quality medical literature and taking up academic initiatives to steer the hospital towards growth. His areas of interest include internal medicine and diabetology, critical care, rheumatology, pulmonology, HIV medicine, geriatrics, lifestyle & metabolic disorders and bariatrics.
He is a down-to-earth person, an art enthusiast with compelling interest in photography, cinematography, painting and literature – story writing and poetry. He literally loves art in every form.
MBBS, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India
DNB, MD, Medwin Hospital, National Board of Examinations, Delhi
MNAMS (Masters in Internal Medicine), Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad
MD Family Medicine, Michigan State university, Lansing, Michigan, USA (July, 2005 to June, 2006)
MPH (Masters in Public Health) Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, USA
Diabetology Certification, Harvard Medical Centre, USA
Diabetology Excellence Certification - Johns Hopkins University, USA
Head of Internal medicine and Critical Care, DNB Coordinator, Teacher, Princess Durrushehvar Hospital, Hyderabad
Asst. professor, Academic In charge, Deccan Medical College, Owaisi Hospital, Hyderabad
Fellowship in Diabetes Management (Gold Medalist), IMA, Manipal University
Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine, Apollo Hospitals (AHERF), Martin Luther University
Awards and Distinctions
- Gold medalist in Diabetology Fellowship (Manipal University and IMA 2014)
- All India Best Young faculty Award (2014 EET CRS Academy Awards for Excellence in Education),
- Topper – Braun Internal Medicine Scholarship 2012
- Founder-South Asian Research Society for Metabolic Disorders (SARS-MD)
- Authored110 National and International Pubmed indexed medical literature publications
- Authored-A Bridge over the Impossible
Life Member – Indian Medical Association
Life Member – Association of Physicians of India
Life Member – Indian Society of Critical Care
Life Member – American Medical Association (AMA)
- Gude D, Chennemsetty S, Jha R, and Narayan G. Primary Amyloidosis Treated with Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2012; 23:1285-7
- Gude D, Jha R. Acute Kidney Injury Following Cardiac Surgery. Ann Card Anaesthesia. 2012 Oct-Dec; 15(4):279-86
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Jha R, Bopparaju SR. APLA in Post-Partum Renal Cortical Necrosis another Skeleton in the Closet. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2013; 24:141-3
- Jha R, Gude D, Chennamsetty S. Non-hemorrhagic Dengue Fever with Rhabdomyolysis. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2013; 24:1207-9
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Chennamsetty S, Jha R. The Culprits behind a Hyper-intense Spleen Asian J Transfus Science 2011; 5:186-7
- Gude D, Rayudu BR, Bansal D, Sashidhar C. Revisiting Fetus-in-fetu. Ann Saudi Med. 2012 Jul-Aug; 32(4):427-9
- Gude D. The TWEAK-FN14 axis: Opening New Doors. Indian J Med Sci 2010; 64:49
- Gude D. Fighting Microbes the 'Nano' Way. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2011; 3:317-8
- Gude D. To 'umbrella' the gonads in transfusion rain. J Hum Reprod Sci 2011; 4:60-1
- Gude D. Hair Growth-Combing through the Various Determinants. Int. J Trichol 2010;2: 119-20
- Gude D. Battling Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting in Cancer Palliative Care. Indian J Palliat Care 2011; 17:78-9
- Gude D. Iptakalim: The New Hope on the Horizon. Chron Young Sci 2010; 1:51-2
- Gude D. Heart and ECMO: Are we ready? Ann Card Anaesthesia 2011; 14:161-2
- Gude D. Remembering What's New in Alzheimer's Management. J Pharmacology Pharmacotherapy, 2011 Jul; 2(3):194-5.
- Gude D. Alopecia Areata - Probing the Deforestation, International J Trichology 2011 Jan; 3(1):41-2
- Gude D. Circumcision in India: Taking the Road Less Travelled. Indian J Public Health. 2010 Oct-Dec; 54(4):228
- Gude D. Waking up to Modafinil in Shift Work Sleep Disorder. Ind. Psychiatry J 2011; 20:145
- Gude D, Thyroid and its Indispensability in Fertility, J Hum Reprod Sci. 2011 Jan; 4(1):59-60
- Gude D. Remifentanil: Much ado about Something. Ann Card Anaesth. 2011 Sep-Dec; 14(3):242-3
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Jha R. Deciphering Alport Syndrome. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013 Mar; 24(2):376-8
- Gude D, Chinnam GS, Bansal DP. An Uncommon Catastrophe Associated with Methotrexate. J Postgrad Med. 2011 Jul-Sep; 57(3):261-2
- Gude D, Rayudu R, Bansal D. How Pseudo is an Inflammatory Pseudo Tumor? Indian J Med Paediatric Oncology. 2011 Oct; 32(4):204-6.
- Gude D. Endocrine disruptors: Ubiquitous, yet less known. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Apr; 15(2):143-4.
- Gude D, Chennemsetty S, Narayan G, Jha R. Another Face of Type-1 Diabetes Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013 May; 24(3):598-9.
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Jha R. Stalwart Approach to Stallwart. Indian J Palliat Care. 2011 May; 17(2):168-9.
- Gude D, Bansal DP. Skin in the Spectrum of Mycoplasma Infections, Ann Trop Med Public Health 2011; 4:151-2
- Gude D Epilepsy, Anti-epileptic Drugs and Bone Health in Children. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2011 Jan; 6(1):93
- Gude D Eyeing non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: The Non-invasive Way. Int. J Appl. Basic Med Res. 2011 Jul; 1(2):127-8.
- Gude D, Byrapaneni RB. Ischemia Modified Albumin; Does it Bolster Our Diagnostic Ammunition? Indian J Anaesth 2011, 55(4):408-411
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Bansal DP, Jha R. Transverse Myelitis in Antiphospholipid Antibody Negative Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Indian Med. Association 2013. 111(6): 406-7
- Gude D, Curcumin in Neurology. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2012 Jan; 3(1):105-6.
- Gude D, Bansal D P, A fluke Occurrence of Paramount Significance J Postgrad Med 2011; 57:255-6
- Jha R, Gude D, Narayan G, Mandal S N, Gupta P C. Reversible Dialysis-dependent Renal Failure Due to Undiagnosed Renovascular Disease. Indian J Nephrol 2012; 22:314-7
- Gude D. Perioperative Blood Pressure Management: Walking a Tightrope. Ann Card. Anaesth. 2011 Sep-Dec; 14(3):243-4
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Jha R, Rajitha K. Dressing up to Phenytoin. Indian J Pharmacol. 2011 Sep; 43(5):617-8
- Gude D. Stories that Hair can Tell. Int. J Trichology. 2011 Jul; 3(2):127-8.
- Gude D. Finasteride and Male Fertility, J Hum Reprod Sci. 2011 May; 4(2):101-2.
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Padsalgi G, Kotari HR. The Early Bird Catches the Worm. Inventi Rapid: Infection 2011; 2011(1):hif003
- Gude D, 'Tracing Elements' in Hair. Int. J Trichol 2011; 3:132-3
- Gude D, How Full is our Antihypertensive Pipeline? J. Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2012 Jan; 3(1):7-11.
- Gude D. Klotho: Unclothing the Mysteries in Chronic Kidney Disease. Chron Young Sci 2011; 2:175
- Gude D, Rayudu BR, Bansal D, Sashidhar C. Poland Syndrome with a Rare Association. J Assoc. Physicians’ India. 2012 Sep; 60:51.
- Gude D. Hair - A Yardstick for Diabetes. Int. J Trichol 2011; 3:131
- Gude D, Pothini LR. Periodontal Disease and Diabetes - How Causal is the Association? International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2011; 3(2)5:11.
- Gude D. TRALI: a Volley of Caution. Ann Card Anaesth. 2012; 15(1):86-7.
- Gude D. Glycodelin - Newer perceptions. J Hum Reprod Sci 2011; 4:156-7
- Gude D, A Slice of a Postgraduate Medical Resident’s Life, Mens Sana Monogr. 2012 Jan-Dec; 10(1): 189–193.
- Gude D, Bansal DP. Sturge Weber Syndrome with Phenytoin Toxicity – A Deeper Pandora’s box, International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2011; 3(3)3:7.
- Rentachintala VV, Gude D, Byrapaneni RB. An Underrated Facet of Takayasu Arteritis. Inventi Rapid: Imaging 2011; 2011(3) him002
- Gude D. Multiparity: A Double-edged Blessing of Metabolic Syndrome along with Children. Indian J Endocr. Metab 2012; 16:144-5
- Gude D. We are what we Breathe! Indian J Occup Environ Med. 2011 May-Aug; 15(2): 78.
- Gude D. On "ruby" in Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. J Med Phys. 2011 Oct; 36 (4):239-40
- Gude D. Hitting Back HIT. Ann Card Anaesth 2012; 15:168-9
- Gude D. Hair Follicle Stem Cells: a new arena. Int. J Trichology. 2011 Jul; 3(2):125-6
- Gude D, Red Carpeting the Newer Antidiabetics, J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2012; 3: 127–131
- Gude D. Management of pressure ulcers – What is New? J Mid-life Health 2011; 2:91-2
- Gude D, Is Silence Really Golden? Indian J Community Med 2012; 37:59
- Gude D, Vitiligo: Newer Insights in Pathophysiology and Treatment. Indian J Paediatr. Dermatol. 2012; 13:27-33
- Bansal DP, Gude D, Padsalgi G, Patle S. A Faceless Nemesis: Systemic Sclerosis Sine Scleroderma. Indian J Rheumatol. 2012; 7(1)57-8
- Gude D, Bansal DP. ATT- A Double Edged Sword? Indian J Pharm Sci. 2011 Nov-Dec; 73(6): 663–665.
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Jha R. Fathoming Uric Acid Nephropathy, Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013 Nov; 24(6):1259-61.
- Gude D. Biomarkers in Sepsis: A Comprehensive Review, International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations. 2012; 4(1):13:29
- Gude D. Tackling Chemotherapy-induced Alopecia. Int J Trichol 2012; 4:47-8
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Revisiting Endosulfan, J Fam Med Primary Care 2012; 1:76-8
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Kotari HR, An Unusual Case of Double Jeopardy. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2013; 6:125-7
- Jha R, Gude D, Mandal S, Batta R. Tackling the 'Brown' Frown. Clin Kidney J. 2012; 0: 1–2
- Gude D, Measuring the Efficacy of Antiretroviral Therapy, Int J Trichol 2012; 4:52-3
- Gude D, Jha R. Malignant Hypertension in the Young: Sequelae and Salvageability International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2012; 4(1)30:35.
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Patle S, Naveed S. Marfan Syndrome: Exploring its Jurisdiction. Int J Health Allied Sci 2012; 1:29-31
- Jha R, Gude D, Chennamsetty S, Kotari H. Intracranial Hypertension: An Unusual Presentation of Mucormycosis in a Kidney Transplant Recipient. Indian J Nephrol 2013; 23(2): 130–132.
- Gude D, Chennamsetty S. Clinicopathological Profile of Patients with Biopsy Proven Lupus Nephritis at a Tertiary Care Hospital. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012; 27 (Suppl. 2): ii182-ii196; FP 336
- Gude D, Bansal D, Malu A. Revisiting Plummer Vinson Syndrome. Ann Med Health Sci Res. 2013 Jan; 3(1):119-21
- Gude D, Alcohol and Fertility, J Hum Reprod Sci. 2012 May; 5(2):226-8
- Jha R, Gude D, Sinha S. Story behind the Wrinkle. Indian Journal of Nephrology 2012; 22(6):482
- Gude D, Bansal DP, Ambegaonkar R, Prajapati J. Paraphenylenediamine: Blackening more than just hair. J Res Med Sci. 2012 Jun; 17(6): 584–586.
- Gude D. Smoking and Middle Ear Pathology: Are We Listening? Indian J Otol 2012; 18:223-4
- Guded, Bansal DP, Chinnam GS. Cancers of More than One Histology- Looking into a Double Barrel Gun. International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2012; 4(2):3-8.
- Gude D, Antibiotics in the Prevention and Management of Coronary Heart Disease- A Revisit. International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2012; 4(3):15-18.
- Gude D, Bansal DP. A Silent Thunder Clap! Int J Health Allied Sci 2012; 1:35-6
- Gude D, Naveed S. Comprehending Trichotillomania. Int J Trichology. 2012 Apr; 4(2):100-1.
- Fatima R, Jha R, Muthukrishnan J, Gude D, Nath V, Shekhar S, Narayan G, Sinha S, Mandal S N, Rao B S, Ramsubbarayudu B, Emphysematous Pyelonephritis: A Single Center Study. Indian J Nephrol 2013; 23:119-24
- Gude D. Hypoglycaemia and Coronary Events: A Reason for Concern. International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2013; 5(2):20-5.
- Gude D, Abbas A, Mohiuddin H, When Blood is Thinner than Water, Ann Card Anaesth 2013; 16:63-5
- Gude D, Zubair MA, Abbas A, Jha R, Mohiuddin H. Raised Cardiac Enzymes in Sepsis with Renal Failure: An Encompassing Umbrella or a Masquerader? J Sci Soc 2014; 41:140-2
- Gude D. Hair Loss: a Harbinger of the Morbidities to Come! Int J Trichology. 2012 Oct; 4(4):287-8.
- Gude D. Throwing Light on Parenteral Nutrition - Associated Liver Disease. J Med Nutr. Nutraceut 2013; 2:113-4
- Gude D, Abbas A, Jha R. ABO discrepancy-Peeling the Camouflage off. International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2012; 4(4):9-11.
- Gude D. Indigenous medicines: A wake-up slap. Indian J Public Health 2013; 57:183-4
- Gude D, Abbas A. An Unseen 'Face' of Hyperkalemia. J Sci Soc 2013; 40:166-8
- Gude D, Abbas A. Lean Type Diabetes: Changing Fads. Int J Health Allied Sci 2013; 2:57-8
- Gude D, A New Antibiotic Incarnation, Inventi. Rapid: Pharmacy Practice 2011; 2(1):056
- Gude D, Markers of Cholesteatoma: Hearing is believing! Indian J Otol 2012; 18:224-5
- Gude D, Koduganti RR, Prasanna SJ, Pothini LR. Mouth: A Portal to the Body. Dent Res J. 2012; 9(6):659-64
- Gude D, Mohiuddin H, Abbas A. Post-intubation Tracheal Injury - Lessons to be Learnt. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2013 Apr; 4(2): (B) 138 – 141
- Gude D, Biradar K, Chandrakala C. Managing Gallbladder Ascariasis: To Go Full Throttle or not! Int J Health Allied Sci 2013; 2:56-7
- Gude D, Sawant C, Abbas A. Subclavian Catheter Tip in the Contralateral Vein: An unwanted 'necklace'. J Sci Soc 2013; 40:57-8
- Gude D, Abbas A, Zubair M. The Curious Case of Ageing, Int J Health Allied Sci 2013; 2:43-5
- Gude D. Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Lipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis: An Ace up the Sleeve? J Sci Soc 2014; 41:59-60
- Gude D, Jha R. Light Chain Myeloma with Myeloma Cast Nephropathy- An Important Cause of ‘Ortho-renal’ Syndrome. International Journal of Clinical Cases and Investigations 2013; 5(1)3-10.
- Gude D. Pioglitazone: A Boon We Know Less about. J Sci Soc. 2013; 40:61-3