Dr Deepak Kumar SahaMBBS, MD(Medicine), DNB(Cardiology), MNAMS
Sr.Consultant Interventional Cardiologist Department of Cardiology
Dr. Deepak Kumar Saha is a Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in the Department of Cardiology at Virinchi Hospitals. He has worked as Asst. Professor Cardiology, NIMS, Hyderabad and Senior Consultant Cardiologist, Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad. He has immense experience in Coronary Angioplasty including complex procedures along with Peripheral and Carotid Angioplasties. He has expertise in Echocardiography including 3 D Echocardiography, and TEE. He is trained in PBMV, Balloon Pulmonary and Aortic Valvuloplasty. He has special interest in device closures and has successfully implanted pacemakers, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) devices (He underwent training in Milan, Italy). He has quite a few Endovascular Aneurysm Repair of Aorta (EVAR) to his credit as well.
Dr. Saha has won Vaidya Ratna Award by Mother Foundation. He has published several research papers in journals of repute. He was involved in several multinational clinical trials as a principal and co-investigator and delivered case studies, presentations, and seminars.
He speaks English, Hindi, Oriya, and Telugu.
MBBS, MKCG Medical College, Orissa, India
MD (Medicine), SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa – India
DNB (Cardiology), Batra Hospital, New Delhi – India
- Principal Investigator in ENGAGE- AF TIMI -48 trial (Effective Anticoagulation With Factor Xa Next Generation in Atrial Fibrillation)
- Co-Investigator in PEACH F Trial: Prospective Evaluation of AGE Breaker in Heart Failure
- Co-Investigator in VISTA-16 Trial: Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy of Short-term A – 002 Treatment in Subjects with Acute Coronary Syndrome.
Member of APMC
Member of Cardiological Society of India
Paper Case Presentation in Conference
- Carotid Stenting – Our Experience, CSI Delhi Branch 2007
- Guest Speaker – CT Coronary Angiography – International Symposium on Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences, New Delhi 2007
- Unusual Case of Right Heart Failure after Permanent Pacemaker Implantation – CSI Hyderabad 2010
- Case Presentation on CTO-International Conference of CAD & Diabetes – Mumbai, October 2010
- Endovascular Repair of Aortic Aneurysm using Stent Graft – ACVS 2011
- Spectrum of Cardiogenic Shock – Case Presentation, CSI, Hyderabad – May 2015
- Lipoprotein Abnormalities in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Albuminuria – December 2003, JAPI
- Clinical Research Article: “ Beta Blockers in Acute Myocardial Infarction” – Mar-April 2010, Indian Heart Journal
- Journal Review:
- Rivaroxaban in Patients with a Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Effect of Two Intensive Statin Regimens on Progression of Coronary Disease – Jan-Feb 2012, Indian Heart Journal – Pg.115-117
- Follow-up of CREST Trial : No Difference in Carotid Restenosis rates between Stenting and Surgery
- PROFI Study (Prevention of Cerebral Embolization by Proximal Balloon Occlusion Compared to Filter Protection in Carotid Artery Stenting).
- Clinical Outcome in Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis – Mar-Apr 2012 Indian Heart Journal – Pg.217-219