SummaryDr. Kiran Kumar Mukku is a consultant Nephrologist with an experience of 14 years. He pursued MBBS and MD General Medicine in one of the premier medical institution of India – JIPMER, Puducherry and went on to complete DN Nephrology from NIMS, Hyderabad. He is well qualified to treat all kidney related ailments including Chronic kidney disease ( CKD), Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), Nephrotic syndrome, Diabetic Kidney disease, glomerular diseases, Hypertension, Renal stone disease, Urinary tract infections, Acid-base disorders, Electrolyte abnormalities. He is a specialist in all forms of dialysis – hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis , Continous renal replacement therapy ( CRRT), Hemoperfusion, plasma exchange and has been pivotal in starting and developing Dialysis and Renal Transplantation programmes at Virinchi Hospitals, Hyderabad. He oversees around 1500 hemodialysis sessions per month at Virinchi Hospitals. He has been involved in management of more than 300 kidney transplants and is an expert in evaluation and treating all complications of kidney transplantation. He is well versed with nephrology related clinical procedures like insertion of temporary dialysis catheters – jugular and femoral vein cannulations , tunnelled dialysis catheters , percutaneous peritoneal dialysis catheter insertions. He has performed around 1000 kidney biopsies and can handle any possible complications of kidney biopsy. Dr Kiran has published good number of articles in both national and international journals. He has delivered lectures in both local and national conferences & CME programmes including Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India conference (PDSICON 2018) , Telangana State Nephrology conference (TSNCON 2019). He also presented papers in International meetings – European Renal Association – European Dialysis & Translant Association ( ERA-EDTA 2018). He has contributed chapter in ‘ Nephrology for Physicians – Chronic Kidney Disease’. He is a Member of Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN) and Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT), Life Member of Indian Medical Association. His fields of interest are Kidney Transplantation and Glomerular diseases.
- MBBS – Pondicherry University, 2004
- MD – General Medicine – JIPMER, Pondicherry, 2010
- DM – Nephrology – Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, 2015
Awards and Recognitions
- Vaidya Ratna – 2016
- RISING STAR in NEPHROLOGY by TIMES GROUP – 2018
- Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India (PDSI)
- Indian Society of Nephrology southern chapter
- 2015 – 2015 Senior Registrar at NIMS, Hyderabad
- 2015 – 2016 Consultant Nephrologist at NIMS, Hyderabad
- 2016 – 2018 Consultant Nephrologist at Virinchi Hospitals
Publications/ Paper/ Conference/ Paper presentation
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Refractory Giardiasis in Renal Transplantation: A Case Report. Nephrology (Carlton), 2015 Jan; 20(1):44
- Mukku KK, Devaraju SBR, Surendra M, Chandragiri S, Suresh A. Intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute thrombosis of Arterio-venous fistula: Experience at tertiary care centre; Submitted manuscript to Artificial Organs.
- SB Mandarapu, KK Mukku, SB Raju, S Chandragiri – Goodpasture’s Disease in a Patient with Kartagener’s Syndrome: An Unusual Association. Advance Online Publication- http://www.indianjnephrol.org/temp/IndianJNephrol000-4268413_115124.pdf
- Surendra M, Raju S B, Raju N, Chandragiri S, Mukku K K, Uppin M S. Rituximab in the Treatment of Refractory Late Acute Antibody-mediated Rejection: Our Initial Experience. Advance Online Publication – http: //www.indianjnephrol.org/temp/IndianJNephrol000-4325242_120052.pdf
- SB Mandarapu, KK Mukku, SB Raju, S Chandragiri – Successful Catheter Reinsertion in a Case of Paecilomyces varioti Peritonitis in a Patient on Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis. Indian J Nephrology – 2015 May – Jun; 25(3): 177–179.
- S Chandragiri, S Raju, KK Mukku, S Babu, MS Uppin – Idiopathic Nodular Glomerulosclerosis: Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature. Indian J Nephrol. 2016; 26:145-8
- Goli, K. K. Mukku, S. B. R. Devaraju, M. S. Uppin – Acyclovirinduced Thrombotic Microangiopathy; Accepted for publication by Indian Journal of Nephrology Nimmagadda S, KK Mukku, SBR Devaraju, MS Uppin.
- Unusual Cause of Glomerular Deposition Disease: Collagenofibrotic Glomerulopathy, a Case report. Accepted for publication by Indian Journal of Nephrology Seminars / Conferences / CME’s Attended.
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Giardiasis in Renal Transplantation: A Case Report – presented at 44th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology 2013
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Acute thrombosis of AV fistula – Effect of Intra-arterial Thrombolysis: Our Initial Experience – presented at 44th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology 2013
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Mandarapu SB, Susmitha C, Nimmagadda S, Goli R. Rituximab in Glomerular Diseases: Our Initial Experience – Free paper presentation at Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter Conference 2015
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Mandarapu SB, Susmitha C, Nimmagadda S, Goli R. Infliximab in Secondary Renal Amyloidosis: Our Initial Experience – presented at Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter Conference 2015″
- 77108 Andhra Pradesh Medical Council, 2012
- 77108 Telangana State Medical Council, 2012