The Department of Vascular Surgery deals with the diseases of the vascular system i.e., arteries and veins; all such diseases are managed by medications, minimally invasive procedures and surgical intervention. We have a team of trained and experienced surgeons who owing to their expertise are capable of diagnosing and treating all types of vascular disorders – which are one of the leading causes of death and disability.
The vascular disorders with altered and reduced blood flow may lead to complicated and life threatening health conditions like heart attack or stroke. However, in time intervention, proper diagnosis and adequate treatment restore normal blood flow in the vessels and thus help reduce future complications and risks.
Our experienced vascular surgeons treat occlusive disease in the cerebrovascular circulation (cerebrovascular disease to reduce stroke risk), and abdominal and thoracic aorta (aneurysm) with minimally invasive (endovascular) procedures and also endovascular surgical procedures for venous disease. Patients with end-stage renal disease will get dialysis access.
The most sophisticated and advanced minimally invasive procedures are performed for blocked arteries in the brain, legs by employing robust catheters having fluoroscopic equipment. In addition, dialysis access surgery, leg bypass, varicose vein surgery and carotid endarterectomy are performed as well. Often such procedures can be performed with a shorter hospital stay or on an ambulatory surgery basis.
Our team offers comprehensive, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for all sorts of circulatory disorders from medical management to minimally invasive endovascular therapy to conventional open surgery.
A multidisciplinary and collaborative team approach is adopted in vascular medicine at Virinchi Hospitals as complex vascular diseases require the support of other specialists like cardiologists, pulmonologists, anaesthesiologists, neurologists, physical therapists, diagnostic and interventional radiologists to precisely diagnose and treat them.
In addition to the best possible care we understand the emotional needs of the patients as well. We have the best and the most sophisticated diagnosis and treatment methodology to get the best outcomes for the peripheral vascular disease in the safest possible way.
Our surgeons have hands-on experience in both minimally invasive and endovascular procedures. They operate in well equipped, modular, operation theatres and avail the services of non-invasive vascular laboratory to diagnose and treat diverse range of vascular conditions.
We offer the following vascular services:
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Lymphoedema treatment
- Deep vein Thrombosis – Thrombolysis, Thrombectomy & IVC Filter
- Diabetic foot Assessment
- Diabetic Foot Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty Stenting
- Laser Ablation of Varicose Vein
- Vascular Trauma Surgery
- Carotid Body Tumour Surgery
- Carotid Artery stenosis- Stenting & Surgery for Stroke
- EVAR Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic outlet Syndrome Surgery
- Lumbar Sympathectomies
- Aorto Femoral Bypass Surgery
- Arterial Embolectomies
- Arterial and Venous Bypass of limbs
- Aorto Iliac Bypass Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Stenting & Surgery
- Lymphedema (Swelling of the legs) Diagnosis & treatment
- Comprehensive treatment for non-healing ulcers
- Comprehensive treatment for congenital angiomatous malformation
- Dialysis Access (Fistulas, Shunts & Permacath, CAPD)
- Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy for Raynaud’s syndrome & Hyperhydrosis
- Femero Popliteal Bypass Surgery
- AV Access Surgeries Therapeutic AV Fistula/AV Graft Access
- V. Malformation Angio Embolization
- Thrombo prophylaxis in medically ill and post-surgery patients
- Femero Tibial Surgery of Carotid Endartrectomies (Stroke Prevention)
- Varicose Veins & Leg Ulcers treatment
- Laser Ablation (EVLT) Radio frequency Ablation (RFA) and conventional surgery