Virinchi Hospitals Rheumatologists provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treat diseases that affect the body’s connective tissue. Rheumatologists treat more than 100 types of arthritis, including common diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and rare diseases such as relapsing polychondritis and multicentric reticulohistiocytosis. Additionally physicians offer consultative and continuing care for patients with regional musculoskeletal disorders such as shoulder pain, hip pain, and knee pain.
Preoperative evaluation and recommendations for patients considering joint replacement and arthritis-related reconstructive surgeries are also provided.
Rheumatologic services offered at Virinchi Hospitals include:
- Outpatient consultations
- Outpatient specialty care for patients with chronic rheumatic diseases
- Hospital consultations
- Diagnostic and therapeutic intra-articular and soft tissue injections and aspirations
- Outpatient diagnostic arthroscopy
- Education on rheumatologic diseases and treatments
The department aims at providing treatment to hundreds of Rheumatological and autoimmune diseases.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Reactive Arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- HLA B27 related Arthritis
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis (USPA)
- IBD related arthritis
- Gout and Pesudogout
- Childhood arthritis (JIA) etc.
- Systemic lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Mixed connective tissue diseases (MCTD)
- Inflammatory Myositis
- ANCA associated Vasculitis
- Takayasu arteritis
- Henoch schenoin vasculitius
- Childhood vasculitis
- Scleroderma etc…
The department has established a unique “Immunology and Autoantibody Lab” which conducts all type of immunological tests by newer methods.
- Anti dsDNA ab
- Antiphospholipid Ab (IgM and IgG)
- Anti Beta 2 Glycoprotein (IgG)
- ANCA (P ANCA and C ANCA)
- Anti GBM Ab
- Anti Mitochondrial Ab (AMA)
- Anti Parietal cell Ab
- Anti Smoth Muscle Ab
- 25 (OH) Vit D
- Rheumatoid factor
- Anti CCP antibody
- C reactive Protein etc
Other Unique Facilities:
Musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSK US) is new and recent method of assessing joints and its pathology. It is a completely safe, versatile technique that uses sound waves to create an image (no radiation is involved). It can be used to image any patient presenting with a complaint arising within the soft tissues of the musculoskeletal system.
MSK US provides the additional benefit of the ability to perform dynamic imaging. It is fast and easy to do, and the image can be taken exactly where the patient says it hurts. MSK US is also an excellent method for guiding therapeutic procedures. Under direct ultrasound guidance, physicians can directly place a needle into a joint, bursa or tendon sheath to remove fluid or inject medication exactly where it needs to go, with image documentation.
MSK US is good for the evaluation and diagnosis of abnormalities of :
- Rotator cuff, biceps tendon
- Finger, hand tendons and ligaments
- Elbow tendons and ligaments
- Carpal tunnel
- Foot and ankle tendons and ligaments
- Achilles tendon
- Plantar fascia
- Patellar and Quadriceps tendons
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Gluteus minimus and medius tendons