Find other Doc/Dept
Dr Tagore Mohan GrandhiMS, FRCS (UK), Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery (France), Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery (USA), Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (USA) Fellowship in Laparoscopic & Robotic Colorectal Surgery (Korea)
Senior Consultant – GI, Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery
Dr Tagore Mohan Grandhi is a Senior Consultant in the Department of Minimally Invasive, Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery at Virinchi Hospitals. He has 18 years’ experience in Laparoscopic and Gastrointestinal Surgery. He has been trained in UK, France, USA and Korea. His previous appointments include Aster Al Raffah Hospital, Muscat, Oman; Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad; Aware Global Hospitals, Hyderabad and Olive Hospitals, Hyderabad. He worked nearly for a decade in reputed hospitals in UK and obtained training in gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery. Dr Tagore is one of the few surgeons in India who had formal fellowship training in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in USA. During his training in USA, he has experience of performing more than 400 bariatric surgeries and equal number of laparoscopic surgeries. During his tenure he attended various workshops in UK, France and USA. He has performed thousands of laparoscopic surgeries including good number of advanced laparoscopic procedures related to stomach, intestines, colon, spleen and different types of hernias. Dr Tagore has attended various courses and conferences in laparoscopic surgery in India and abroad. He has publications in various international journals and has authored chapters in reputed text books.
MBBS, Andhra University, India
MS (General Surgery), Andhra Pradesh University of Health Sciences, India
FRCS, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
- Secured 13th rank in the state MBBS entrance examination
- Secured 4th rank in the state postgraduate (MS) entrance examination
Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg France
- Fellowship in Bariatric & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Legacy Health System, Portland, USA
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
- Fellowship in Robotic & Advanced Colorectal Surgery, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Life Member - Obesity Surgical Society of India (OSSI)
- Life Member – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Life Member – Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member – India Medical Association (IMA)
- Member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Congenital Dorsal Urethral Fistula
UROLOGY 63(1): 175-176, 2004
Grandhi T M, Shelley O, Ray A K, McGregor J R
- Gastro-pericardial Fistula: A case report and review of literature
EMERG MED J 21: 644-645, 2004
Grandhi T M, Rawlings D, Morran C G
- Unusual Abdominal Complication of Rib Fracture
EMERG MED J 22: 525-526, 2005
Grandhi T M, El-Rabaa S M A
- Congenital Absence of Gall Bladder: Laparoscopic Diagnosis
INTERNET J of GASTROENTEROLOGY 2005 Volume 4 Number 1
Grandhi T M, El-Rabaa S M A
- Identical Abnormal Electrocardiograms In Monozygotic Twins
INTERNET J of CARDIOLOGY 2004
Volume 2 Number 2 Grandhi T M, Wilmer K A
- Tagore M Grandhi, Emma J Patterson: Restrictive Procedures for Morbid Obesity, in Nathaniel J Soper, Lee L Swanstrom, W Stephen Eubanks (eds): Mastery of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009, p 249-61
- Tagore M Grandhi, J Scott Roth: Ventral Hernia Repair with Component Separation and On-lay Biologic Mesh, Atlas of American College of Surgery
Fields of Interest
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- All types of Hernia including massive hernias
- Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoids (MIPH)
- Video assisted anal fistula surgery (VAAFT) for anal fistulas
- Component separation technique for giant hernias
- Laparoscopic Surgery including Gastrointestinal Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Mesh Plasty in Inguinal and Incisional Hernias.
- Component separation for large ventral hernias.
- Foregut Surgeries like Laparoscopic repair of hiatal hernias, Heller myotomy and resection of GIST.
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgeries like Splenectomy and Adrenalectomy.
- Bariatric Surgeries like Sleeve Gastrectomy, Minigastric Bypass and Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Gynaecological Surgery including LAVH, TLH, Myomectomy, oopherectomy, ovarian drilling and management of ectopic pregnancy.
- Surgery in High Risk Patients.
- Management of post-surgical complications