Dr Kiran Kumar MukkuMBBS(JIPMER), MD (General Medicine) JIPMER, DM (Nephrology)
Find other Doc/Dept
Consultant Nephrologist & Transplant Physician
Dr Kiran Kumar Mukku is a Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant Physician in the Department of Nephrology at Virinchi Hospitals. He has overall 4 years’ experience in his field. He has been actively involved in several renal transplants; performed many kidney (renal) biopsies, percutaneous CAPD catheter insertions and renal transplant graft biopsies. He has done quite a large number of DLC Catheter insertions and performed several perma a catheter (tunnelled catheter) insertions and untunneled catheters insertions. His areas of interest include Glomerulopathies and Renal Transplant Medicine.
Dr Kiran sees a bright future prospect in the field of nephrology with the advent of wearable artificial kidneys, kidney transplantation with minimal or no immunosuppression and minimal side effects. Stem cells in kidney regeneration and transplantation, ABO incompatible kidney transplantation in large scale, paired kidney donation would change the way in which transplantation is done. According to Dr Kiran, the Department of Nephrology at Virinchi Hospitals is well equipped with state-of-the-art dialysis unit and supported by modular operation theatres and smart intensive care units for effective management of postop and critically ill patients.
MBBS, JIPMER, Puducherry
MD (General Medicine), JIPMER, Puducherry
DM (Nephrology), NIMS, Hyderabad
- Member – Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Member – Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Refractory Giardiasis in Renal Transplantation: A Case Report. Nephrology (Carlton), 2015 Jan; 20(1):44
- Mukku KK, Devaraju SBR, Surendra M, Chandragiri S, Suresh A. Intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute thrombosis of Arterio-venous fistula: Experience at tertiary care centre; Submitted manuscript to Artificial Organs.
- SB Mandarapu, KK Mukku, SB Raju, S Chandragiri - Goodpasture's Disease in a Patient with Kartagener's Syndrome: An Unusual Association. Advance Online Publication- http://www.indianjnephrol.org/temp/IndianJNephrol000-4268413_115124.pdf
- Surendra M, Raju S B, Raju N, Chandragiri S, Mukku K K, Uppin M S. Rituximab in the Treatment of Refractory Late Acute Antibody-mediated Rejection: Our Initial Experience. Advance Online Publication – http: //www.indianjnephrol.org/temp/IndianJNephrol000-4325242_120052.pdf
- SB Mandarapu, KK Mukku, SB Raju, S Chandragiri – Successful Catheter Reinsertion in a Case of Paecilomyces varioti Peritonitis in a Patient on Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis. Indian J Nephrology – 2015 May – Jun; 25(3): 177–179.
- S Chandragiri, S Raju, KK Mukku, S Babu, MS Uppin – Idiopathic Nodular Glomerulosclerosis: Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature. Indian J Nephrol. 2016; 26:145-8
- Goli, K. K. Mukku, S. B. R. Devaraju, M. S. Uppin - Acyclovirinduced Thrombotic Microangiopathy; Accepted for publication by Indian Journal of Nephrology
- Nimmagadda S, KK Mukku, SBR Devaraju, MS Uppin. Unusual Cause of Glomerular Deposition Disease: Collagenofibrotic Glomerulopathy, a Case report. Accepted for publication by Indian Journal of Nephrology
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Giardiasis in Renal Transplantation: A Case Report – presented at 44th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology 2013
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Yelanati R. Acute thrombosis of AV fistula – Effect of Intra-arterial Thrombolysis: Our Initial Experience – presented at 44th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology 2013
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Mandarapu SB, Susmitha C, Nimmagadda S, Goli R. Rituximab in Glomerular Diseases: Our Initial Experience – Free paper presentation at Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter Conference 2015
- Mukku KK, Raju S, Mandarapu SB, Susmitha C, Nimmagadda S, Goli R. Infliximab in Secondary Renal Amyloidosis: Our Initial Experience – presented at Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter Conference 2015
Delivered a talk on “Myeloma Kidney” on 31st Oct 2015 at CME on “Multiple Myeloma: A Lab Update to Improve Clinical Practice” & Live activity on “A laboratory Practice in Plasma cell Dyscrasias”