Dr Daljeet KaurMBBS, MRC Psych (UK)
Consultant Psychiatrist - Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Daljeet Kaur is a Consultant Psychiatrist at Virinchi hospitals. Dr Daljeet Kaur is a UK trained psychiatrist with 11 years of experience in psychiatry. She is also an Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at Global Health Alliance, U.K. She has successfully managed cases of stress, adjustment disorder, depression, anxiety, OCD, psychosomatic problems, drug problems, psychosis, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Delirium and other psychiatric conditions caused due to physical problems. Dr D Kaur has a special interest in developmental disorders in children like Autism, memory problems in elderly population like dementia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and women’s mental health. Dr D Kaur also helps patients to improve self-esteem and confidence, offers counselling for marriage and other relationship difficulties, offers parents support and strategies for behavioural problems in children.
MBBS Degree from Gulbarga University
MRC Psych (Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists) (UK)
Positive Attributes / Psychiatric Skills
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric disorders across different age groups
- In-depth knowledge of the various treatment modalities and therapies used to aid the patients' recoveries
- Leading Inpatients/Outpatients /MDT meetings
- Psychiatric history taking, Assessment of Mental State Examination
- Risk assessment, Management of violent patients
- Documentation of medical records, discharge letters, case summaries
- Knowledge of different psychiatric diagnosis- Use of ICD 10 Classification
- Performing Electro convulsive therapy
- Day to day care of inpatients
- Writing Tribunal reports and representing at Tribunals and Coroners inquests
- Special interest in Autism, memory assessments, PTSD and Perinatal psychiatry
- Managing drug and alcohol problems
- Attending the Mental health act assessments in hospital, prison and people's homes.
- Assessing children and people with learning disabilities for common psychiatric conditions.
- Managing psychiatric emergencies at community, inpatient, and acute hospital and prison settings
- Proficiency in the use of therapeutic communication techniques to establish rapport and deliver care to mentally ill patients
- Good organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Resilient personality capable of handling extreme pressure
- Great team player AND competent team leader
- Motivational interviewing-used for various reasons including motivating people to stop their drug and alcohol use, improve compliance with medication and in general to help people
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Balliant groups
- Manchester University: Tutor and Examiner: I am a trained tutor for the medical students at Manchester University and have also been involved as an examiner for their OSCE exams.
- Clinical Supervisor to the higher and junior trainees
- Trained as a Medical Appraiser by the Trust for Senior Psychiatrists
- Journal club presentation, case conferences and audit presentations
- Teaching trainee psychologists about psychiatric training
- Delivered induction programmes to new Psychiatric/GPST/Foundation trainees during their post in psychiatry
- Involved in Management of acute care pathways in Psychiatry within Greater Manchester west NHS trust.
- Organized interface meeting for consultants due to service changes in Bolton, UK
- Peer Group coordinator and Rota maker for SAS doctors in Bolton
- Member of CPD (Continuing Professional development) at Royal College of Psychiatrists